Download the SlowCoVIDNC App
Produced by the NCDHHS, this app helps anonymously contact trace and let you know if you have been in close contact with a positive case.
Click HERE to download the app
Drive-thru CoVID-19 Testing
Drive-thru testing is conducted daily at the following locations:
- North Asheville Clinic: 12pm-2pm Mon-Fri and Sun; 10am-Noon on Saturday
- Black Mountain Clinic: 12pm-2pm everyday except Tuesday.
Testing can be booked up to 3 days in advance on our website. If you don’t see an available appointment, you have a couple options:
- just keep checking throughout the day, because appointments are frequently coming available and we release an additional batch of appointments every afternoon for the following day.
- Schedule a HOME VISIT and we’ll come to you to perform testing for $49.
There is a $20 cancellation fee for cancellations later than 5pm the day prior to testing, so please be sure to let us know asap if you cannot make your appointment time.
Current lab turnaround time is between 2-4 days (updated 09/15) following your swabbing. For fastest results download the LabCorp Patient App and results will be sent to you automatically as soon as they are available.
NO APPOINTMENT AVAILABLE?
TRY A HOME VISIT FOR $49!
Common symptoms of CoVID-19?
- Fever (>100.0 F)
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Body Aches
Buncombe County Health Department has a symptom checker here that can help you decide if you need testing. Click HERE to access.
They are also offering drive-thru testing at various times throughout the week. Click HERE to check on available testing times with the Health Department.
Who gets tested and who decides??
As of May 15, 2020, the State Health Department has recommended expanding CoVID-19 testing for increased surveillance of the area. People to be tested now include the following:
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 — Fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell
- Anyone (with our without symptoms) who is a close contact of a known positive case
- Anyone at high risk of exposure or higher risk for severe disease
- Persons who live in or have regular contact with high-risk settings
- Persons who come from historically marginalized populations
- Healthcare workers or first responders
- Front-line and essential workers in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain
Range Urgent Care follows the strict guidance from our local and State health departments regarding who gets tested for COVID-19. It is important that we follow this guidance. We are all in this together and we all need to be rowing the boat in the same direction!
Virtual Visits and COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we are initiating all appointments with a virtual visit. In many cases, we can complete diagnosis/treatment over video and you can pick up your prescription from our in-house pharmacy or your pharmacy of choice.
If you do need to come to the clinic for testing/treatment, often times we can complete your testing/treatment while you remain in your car. This includes testing for COVID-19. This measure helps limit potential exposures to both yourself and others who might need to come into the clinic.
Some complaints will certainly require you to come into the clinic, but with these screening measures in place, in addition to our strict infection control protocols and use of PPE, you can feel safe knowing that we have done everything feasible to limit your exposure to coronavirus while at Range.
Testing is covered at 100% by most insurances and by the CARES Act Uninsured program for those without insurance. To be sure that testing is covered by your insurance, it is best to refer to their website or give them a call. We will do our best to answer questions, but cannot possibly stay up to date on all of the various insurances and what their latest practices are.
If testing is not covered by insurance and/or not eligible for filing with the Uninsured Program, the cost of testing is as follows:
- Symptomatic CoVID-19 video evaluation and PCR test – $249
- Asymptomatic CoVID-19 PCR test – $199
- CoVID-19 antibody test – $199
*Prices include cost of lab
On-site testing for employers
Range offers on-site testing for employers. We can also assist in planning and logistics for your workplace at no charge. Often times, a plan that does not involve any testing is the best option and is completely FREE. Please email email@example.com or call 828-412-0327 ext 1105 to learn more. We would love to help you through these challenges!