Drive-thru CoVID-19 Testing
We will be conducting drive-thru testing between 10am-Noon every day.
Common symptoms of CoVID-19?
- Fever (>100.0 F)
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Body Aches
Buncombe County Health Department has a symptom checker here that can help you decide if you need testing. Click HERE to access.
They are also offering drive-thru testing at various times throughout the week. Click HERE to check on available testing times with the Health Department.
Who gets tested and who decides??
As of May 15, 2020, the State Health Department has recommended expanding CoVID-19 testing for increased surveillance of the area. People to be tested now include the following:
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 — Fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell
- Anyone (with our without symptoms) who is a close contact of a known positive case
- Anyone at high risk of exposure or higher risk for severe disease
- Persons who live in or have regular contact with high-risk settings
- Persons who come from historically marginalized populations
- Healthcare workers or first responders
- Front-line and essential workers in settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain
Range Urgent Care follows the strict guidance from our local and State health departments regarding who gets tested for COVID-19. It is important that we follow this guidance. We are all in this together and we all need to be rowing the boat in the same direction!
Virtual Visits and COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, we are initiating all appointments with a virtual visit. In many cases, we can complete diagnosis/treatment over video and you can pick up your prescription from our in-house pharmacy or your pharmacy of choice.
If you do need to come to the clinic for testing/treatment, often times we can complete your testing/treatment while you remain in your car. This includes testing for COVID-19. This measure helps limit potential exposures to both yourself and others who might need to come into the clinic.
Some complaints will certainly require you to come into the clinic, but with these screening measures in place, in addition to our strict infection control protocols and use of PPE, you can feel safe knowing that we have done everything feasible to limit your exposure to coronavirus while at Range.